It’s no secret:
If you want your company to enjoy sustainable support and loyalty for your products in the coming years, then you’ll need to start embracing sustainable packaging as soon as possible
An in-depth global online study conducted by Nielsen, an information, data, and measurement firm based in the US, revealed that 1 in 2 people from the Baby Boomer generation and 7 out of 10 Generation Z people are more than willing to purchase more or pay a premium for companies who are offering products and services that make a beneficial impact on the environment.
It makes a lot of sense to start choosing this green alternative of packaging, but what should you use for your products?
It’s easy to get lost in the overwhelming, and often confusing, sea of recycling terms in your search for sustainable packaging.
Post-Consumer Recycled (PCR) Plastic are plastic materials that have already been used and disposed of, like plastic water bottles, thermoformed trays, and plastic bags. These used plastic materials will then go through a meticulous process of:
- Segregation from other types of plastics
- Washing/Cleaning of plastic materials
- Crushing and drying of plastic materials
- And eventually, recycling these materials into new consumer goods
All you have to do is ask thermoforming companies and they will tell you that post-consumer plastic recycling offers you these advantages:
- Cost-effective packaging production – The use of recycled content materials (including PCR) provides clients considerable savings when compared to virgin materials.
- No more landfills– With Post-Consumer Recycled Plastic, you don’t have to worry about needing landfills that eats up your resources, which can also give you a bad reputation to green-conscious consumers.
- Reduced carbon footprint – Post-consumer recycled plastic helps companies reduce their carbon footprint and avoid environmental regulations, sanctions, as well as consumer backlash. It’s also a great way to provide a positive impact on the environment.
With all these benefits, it’s easy to see that a transition to a green, environment-friendly plastic packaging solution is smart and strategic for you and your company.
Adopting a sustainable PCR plastic packaging solution for your products is always a win-win. When you adopt this approach for your business, then everybody wins.
The words ‘Made in the U.S.A.’ from Post-Consumer recycled plastic bottles or milk cartons tell a story that you can’t help but want to be a part of.
At Precision Formed Plastics, we offer HDPE and LDPE protective packaging solutions made entirely from 100% PCR milk cartons, and we can include this message directly on the custom container we make for you.
PE is a very durable plastic that works well in keeping your products free from harm when shipped all over the world.
The same sustainable story is true for our clear RPET containers. This time, the feedstock is mostly PCR water bottles. Precision Formed Plastic offers solutions here in 25%, 50% or even 100% PCR.
What’s Next For You
If you’re ready and raring to get on your environment-conscious consumers’ good side, then it’s time for you to find a quality plastic forming company that employs the use of PCR materials, and start enjoying the benefits of plastic packaging!
If you want to create a profound and lasting positive environmental impact, make our planet a better place to live in, and help protect animals from the dangers of non-PCR materials then contact Precision Formed Plastics today!